The Biscuit Thief is turning 7 on… wait for it… 12.12.12. YES she is my magic, alien, mystical baby. In preparation for this milestone, I have been thinking about all the things she is now ready to know:
1. It is awesome that you get yourself dressed for school now, but it’s always good to include pants on the inside of your leggings.
2. An apple is a kind of fruit and a mac is a kind of lightweight coat that keeps the rain off.
3. It is not funny to say “cock” in front of granny even though it appears to make daddy laugh.
4. Barbie is not representative of women. Anywhere. In any way. And the cat was right. (See photo)
5. No, it is not acceptable that, as a woman, you are likely to be paid less than your male counterparts doing the same work. The fight for equality goes on and I’m sorry we still haven’t fixed that for you.
6. The one hour kazoo concert you gave was… unforgettable…and mummy is REALLY SORRY that she can’t remember where she
hid put your kazoo afterwards.
7. Disneyland is closed.
8. The ‘F’word is not ‘fanny’.
9. Shreddies are not really “knitted by nannas”.
10. The Tooth Fairy can do all that stuff because a) she’s magic and b) she’s a woman.
11. The feisty, determined, rule-breaking, wildness in you that is so hard to parent sometimes, is exactly what will make you an awesome adult.
12. It is not going to be possible to meet Rapunzel. She’s a fictional character.
13. There isn’t really such a time as ‘Gin O’Clock’.
14 . Mummy and daddy are not perfect, but we love you very much.
15. Actually, mummy is perfect.